Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation for Jira clone from Jira Service Desk to Jira Software next-gen

Leon Keuroglian
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 4, 2019

Hello all,

We created a next-gen Service desk project (portal) and we want to use Automation for Jira to clone issues from Jira Service Desk to Jira Software (next-gen) project.

When we create the rules we face the problem that only the user that created the JSD project can be used to execute the rule, but that user doesn't have access to all projects that the rule should work to create the issue.

We want to have one portal for the whole company, also we noticed that it's not possible to change the project default user.

Could you help us achieve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Hello Leon,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When using the add-on Automation for Jira, the user that will execute all the actions it's the own add-on user. By default, the user has permission for all projects since the add-on works for all types of projects.

I tested creating a simple automation to clone an issue and it works.

Screenshot 2019-12-05_14-42-49-456.png

If you are using the Automation directly in the Service Desk project, it will run on behalf of a user and it's necessary to have permission to create issues on the other project.

Regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events