Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign JSD Agents to Requested Participants or Watchers?

Sebastián Delmastro September 13, 2019

I have an automation rule that every time a JSD Agent raises a ticket on behalf of a customer it adds one specific agent assigned to that Client based on the reporters in organizationMembers ("") JQL.

Also, there is a second rule depending on the Agent assessment of the ticket, they label it Level 1 or Level 2 (on our internal ITIL). In the case, the agent assess Level 2 they assign the issue to Dev/Ops, then the automation rule assing the Agent to the Requested Participants list.

My question is what are the pros or cons adding that JSD Agent to the Requested Participants field rather than a Watcher? Looking up the dimension of notifications, customer visibility on whos assigned and shared with?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hello Sebástian,

Thank you for reaching out.

Request participants are customers and organizations who can view, comment, and receive notifications about a request, configured in Project settings > Customer notifications. Participants receive the same notifications as the reporter and can turn off notifications at any time. You might add request participants so they can provide more information about a request, or to notify them of a request's progress.

Watchers are usually related to JIRA Users (Not Customers) that must be notified about any progress about the issue with the JIRA Settings > Notification Scheme of the project.

Since Customer notifications (JIRA SD) and JIRA Notifications are different, each field will provide you with different notifications.

You can find more details about those fields in the thread below:

Watcher vs Participant

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sebastián Delmastro September 17, 2019

Hi @Petter Gonçalves thanks for that explanation. I got it. 

Good thread thanks for sharing.

Sebastian

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

You are welcome, Sebastián! 

Have a nice day. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events