Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowing O365 email to be the helpdesk email

Melody Baughman November 21, 2019

We are a microsoft shop and use office 365 for our emails. The only settings for configuring an email to the helpdesk option require Pop, Secure Pop, Imap and Secure Imap. For security we need SMTP relay. I've read some other articles for work arounds, but none of them meet our security standards. Does anyone have any other methods or do you know of any plans to add this?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2019

Hi Melody,

I see that you are looking to use office 365 with Jira Service Desk Server.  As of today, Jira Server can use this email service, but it would have to be using one of these protocols IMAP, IMAPS, POP, or POPS for incoming mail, and SMTP or SMTPS for outgoing mail.

That said, there are requests for Jira Server to support other, more secure connection protocols.  I would recommend watching and voting for JRASERVER-63917.  If this request was implemented it would provide a means to use the far more secure OAuth methods with email providers such as Office 365.   We are aware that Office 365 is planning to deprecate POP and IMAP support in October 2020, so this particular request is becoming a growing concern for anyone using Office 365 with Jira Server today.  

There is also a corresponding request for Jira Cloud in JRACLOUD-63917.

That said you could technically still use O365 with Jira server today, but if secure IMAP or secure POP is insufficient for your security standards, I don't see any clear alternatives that would work with Jira right now.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events