Add a Custom field multi-level-cascading-select field to Service desk.

Robert December 12, 2017

All, I'll start with the caveat that a similar question has been raised https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Add-a-Custom-field-multi-level-cascading-select-field-to-Service/qaq-p/600470  but no direct solution provided. 

This seems pretty simple the use case is the following:

1. Single point of entry point in customer portal for multiple issue types (hardware, software, newtwork, mobile, etc). 

2.  Within the above categories there are 2 levels of delineation that end user needs to select .  

Example: 

Level 1 -> Level 2->Level 3 

Hardware -> Desktop/Laptop -> Memory Upgrade 

Hardware -> Desktop/Laptop -> Hard drive upgrade 

Hardware -> Printer -> Zebra 

Hardware -> Printer -> Laser Printer 

Software -> Install -> Chrome 

Software -> Configure-> SnagIT

How are other people tacking this problem?  Are you using multiple entry points or is there a solution that I am missing that is straight forward.  the 

I know that using multiple entry points in customer portal and multiple custom variables can be used, it messy and trying to avoid it.  

Thanks in advance!!

RG

Jira 7.3.4, JSD 3.4.1, Scriptrunner 5.2.2

3 answers

0 votes
Mehmet Can Kırtaş _ALMBASE_ October 27, 2022

Hi Robert,

You could use our add-on Multi Level & Tree Field to create multi-level select list custom fields.

Custom fields that you would create with the plug-in are going to be compatible with Service Management customer portal.

Best,

Mehmet

Burhan Khan May 22, 2023

Hi Mehmet,

Do you have any recommendations compatible with Cloud version. 

Thank you,
Burhan K 

0 votes
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2020

Hey ... I have spent almost the whole day yesterday looking to do this on Jira Cloud Service Desk. (I'm with Anik ) I know this post is about 3 years old. Is this still something that is not possible to do right now? Thank you

Anik May 28, 2020

Yes this is very much needed for cloud. even the client is ready to pay for a plugin of this kind for jira version. so if this can be done by jira developers it would be very helpful.

Like robin Jiao likes this
Stine Søndergaard September 23, 2020

Hey guys,

Did you find a solution?

I've found this suggestion (which is 15!!! years old) ...

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-7936

It's crazy that nothing has been done ...

/Stine

0 votes
Pascal Offenhäusser (Scandio) November 4, 2018

Hi Robert,

you can use Extension for Jira Service Desk. With the plugin you can create multilevel structures for your customer portal.

Best, Pascal

Daniel Alonso February 26, 2019

Thanks Pascal, 

The problem with multilevel structures is that only support checkboxes and radio buttons, it would be better if you can have Cascading-Select fields.

One suggestion is this App: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5008/multi-level-cascading-select?hosting=server&tab=overview

Anik June 14, 2019

HI, Is this app or any kind of this app available for jira Cloud Version?

Like # people like this
rjiao May 21, 2020

doesn't work, confirmed by their support team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events