Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a Custom field multi-level-cascading-select field to Service desk.

Naveen Kumar D P June 21, 2017

Dear All,

I just try to set up a new Service Desk project. We set it up in our JIRA so good, and it works well.

But we cannot set it up in Service Desk, due the following error: When I try to add a Multiple Group Picker type field to the Service Desk fields ,I get the following error: This field type cannot be shown - you must provide a preset value. So I have to set pre-defined groups - which should be chosen by the user.

I have no clue what can be the root cause. Can you help me?

Thanks

Naveen

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

The multi-level-cascading-select field is not supported by Service Desk.  I don't think the vendor of the add-on can actually make it come through, I have a feeling it would need coding in Service Desk to allow it to be exposed.

Naveen Kumar D P June 26, 2017

Thanks Nic,

Is there any other way to there for adding the multi-select-cascading-select field in the JIRA service desk?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

I already answered that.  If there was a solution, I'd have mentioned it.

0 votes
Mehmet Can Kırtaş _ALMBASE_ October 27, 2022

Hi Naveen,

You could use our add-on Multi Level & Tree Field to create multi-level select list custom fields.

Custom fields that you would create with the plug-in are going to be compatible with Service Management customer portal.

Best,

Mehmet

0 votes
Allison Smith August 23, 2021

I am also running into this problem currently. It states in the documentation that it should just "Show" but I am getting the error "This field type cannot be shown - you must provide a preset value."

Did anyone find any answers on this?

Here is the documentation stating that it does indeed work with Service Desk. 
https://addons.sourcesense.com/display/MCS/Add+MLCS+field+to+Service+Desk+portal

Did anyone find any answers on this issue?

Damian Egli February 15, 2023

still not working! I set the presets and can't make it to bring that field on my form.

0 votes
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2020

Hey ... I have spent almost the whole day yesterday looking to do this on Jira Cloud Service Desk. I know this post is about 3 years old. Is this still something that is not possible to do right now? Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events