search issues with fix-versions that are (all) released

Julian May June 8, 2016

Hi

Is it possible (via some field i cant find the documentation for) to search issues that has fixversion(s) that are (all) "released" at the time of the search?
I'm on Adaptavist script runner 4.3.1 

Thx!

2 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Native JIRA has four versions JQL functions, no ScriptRunner required. smile 

• unreleasedVersions()

Perform searches based on the unreleased versions (i.e. versions that your JIRA administrator has not yet released) of a specified project.

You can also search on the unreleased versions of all projects, by omitting the project parameter.

• releasedVersions()

Perform searches based on the released versions (i.e. versions that your JIRA administrator has released) of a specified project.

You can also search on the released versions of all projects, by omitting the project parameter.

• earliestUnreleasedVersion()

Perform searches based on the earliest unreleased version (i.e. next version that is due to be released) of a specified project.

Note that the "earliest" is determined by the ordering assigned to the versions, not by actual Version Due Dates.

• latestReleasedVersion()

Perform searches based on the latest released version (i.e. the most recent version that has been released) of a specified project.

Note that the "latest" is determined by the ordering assigned to the versions, not by actual Version Due Dates.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/advanced-searching-functions-338363497.html 

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

So something like:

fixVersions in releasedVersions() and not fixVersions in unreleasedVersions()

should work.

Like # people like this
Julian May June 13, 2016

Thank you!
I wanted to filter customer issues to not show supporters the issues blocked by unreleased software issues. This did the trick:

category = "Customer Projects" and issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("fixVersion in releasedVersions() and not fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()","blocks") 

7 votes
Filip Pokorny October 15, 2018

It's always heartwarming when the first sentence in the answer says "no plugin needed" instead of "yes it's possible, just buy this plugin". Thank you!

Suporte Portal July 8, 2019

Filip,

I totally agree! 

Suggest an answer