Link Issue Search Works on Open Issues Only

Moshe Mayzlesh October 28, 2019

For an opened issue, when clicking on Link Issue button, it enables to define the link type (combo box) and search for linked issue (text box).

When searching in the text box, Jira suggests only issues with status "OPEN", regardless of their project.

One can enter exact issue key of issues with other statuses, but such issues aren't returned by the field's suggestion.

My questions are:

a) What's the point of limiting it to "Open" issues only? It happen to us many times that during development or QA we want to link a bug to a story which have different status than "Open", and it is really annoying to copy the exact key (in capital letters) to the field without the ability to search by description.

b) Is it possible to limit the returned search results to the current project only?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2019

Hi @Moshe Mayzlesh

It shows recently viewed issues in the search results, or issues from your last issue search (Current Search). This does include Done issues also (tested it to make sure).

You can click hyperlink "search for an issue" to get a specific list to choose from - but not possible to limit linked issues to one specific project. Note this only works in classic view, not new issue view.

Ste

Moshe Mayzlesh November 4, 2019

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please elaborate about the "recently viewed issued" and "issues from your last issue search"?

I searched a search with in "All Issues" screen, and got results. These results don't appear among the suggestions in the "Linked issues" text box.

Regarding the fact that issues with status Done do appear among the results, you're right. The header of: "OPEN ISSUES" confused me:

open-issues.jpg

Suggest an answer