Is it possible to remove unnecessary sprints from the drop down menu in Jira - Agile - Sprint report?

Ivo September 18, 2013

The problem is that list is so long, that I cannot select a sprint from the top. Currently, as a workaround, I can decrease font size and see a full list. But in a while this list will grow more and workaround will not help anymore.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ethan Ram September 19, 2013

Hi Ivo

I'm following Al-Shargabi's direction: Stats on sprints from a few months back are probably not so interesting. So you can un-associate your board from those sprints by removing the sprint reference from all issues of the old sprints. Then the sprints will not show up on your drop-down list anymore. If you're currently in sprint 150 you can bulk edit all issues of sprint<100 and remove their sprint id.

filter on:

sprint in closedSprints() and sprint in (1,2,3,4,5,..... 99)

To find the sprint number look at the link to the sprint in one of your issues-

2 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2013

Hey Ivo,

I believe that this KB article might help in your situation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/How+to+remove+Sprints+on+Rapid+Board

Take a look at it, and let us know how it goes.

cheers.

0 votes
Ivo September 23, 2013

Thanks guys. Question solved.

0 votes
Ivo September 23, 2013

Thanks for responses. I succeeded with Parent tasks, but I could not remove Sprint from Sub-tasks. Even though I removed Sprint on higher level, Sprint in Sub-tasks still remain. Attaching a picture:

As a result, Sprint didn't disappear from the drop down list.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2013

Hi Ivo

Refering to your issue, there is already a known bug report being reported in here already: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-8830

The good news is that this bug has already been fixed in JIRA Agile 6.2.5

Hopefully it helps :)

Suggest an answer