How and where can I evaluate Jira Align?

wkennedy April 25, 2019

Where is the SDK? Evaluation version? Downloads? Trials? Anything apart from marketing material and recorded demo/webinars?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
wkennedy May 1, 2019

It is not currently possible and there are no apparent plans to offer an evaluation.

Rodrigo Cortez
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2020

Hi @wkennedy you can request a eval/demo via this link: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align/demo

wkennedy August 14, 2020

You can "watch a demo of Jira Align" at this link

1 vote
Konrad Siejka April 11, 2022

It's 2022. How to check this software in normal way, before spending $50k ?

Is there anyone who can share anykind of experience, knowledge about Jira Align ? 

1 vote
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2019

Updated:

As we’re working towards aligning with Jira Align, we’ve released more documentation around the product and offering. Further information on this may be found at https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/align along with an option to get in touch to evaluate the product.

Thanks!

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

----------------------

Hello William,

To add more to what @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  relayed, Jira Align is very new to Atlassian and it will take some time to integrate Agile Craft fully into Jira Align. While we don’t have an ETA as to when this will be completed, we do have resources to help clarify and provide details until then.

As Nic also reported, you may navigate to the Agile Craft website for further information. This may be found at https://agilecraft.com/. Along with this, there is a Community blog about Jira Align which may also be found at Introducing Jira Align!

I hope this proves helpful and gives some insight into Jira Align while we make the transition.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

wkennedy April 30, 2019

I understand Align as a product is new. AgileCraft is not a new product, however, and they have historically offered little in terms of SDK or docs, and do not make an evaluation available, let alone the option to deploy or access an instance of the product.

After Summit, what I'm seeking and will be watching for closely is an opportunity to evaluate the product under real world conditions.

Maybe I'm asking too much.

Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2019

Hello William,

I reached out to the Jira Align team and let me know of your request. They did make me aware of a recorded webinar of the product (while not a live demo, it does demo the product itself). This webinar may be found at Jira Align Webinar.

I hope this information is helpful and provides some of what you're looking for.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

wkennedy April 30, 2019

Hardly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2019

Thank you @Stephen Sifers  for the extra "introducing" link that I had completely missed, and the pointer to the webinar - both add a lot.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what @wkennedy is really looking for here.  "An opportunity to evaluate it under real world situations" is a very good description of the need, but I'm not sure why it is not met (on an anonymised light-ish level) by the case study type things on the Agilecraft site.

Like Stephen Sifers likes this
wkennedy May 1, 2019

Surely you can appreciate that a case study, white paper and recorded webinars and demos are static promotional materials and fair poorly as a substitute for software? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2019

I do, yes.  I find "white papers" and "case studies" are usually useless, often just a blend of marketing and "this is how we do it (which is not how I want to)".  Demos are a little better, but always lack between 50% and 99% of what you need to see.

The only good way to see how a piece of software might work for you is to try it.  So I'm completely with you on "fair poorly as a substitute"

Hopefully, Atlassian will move Align into their standard model of "trial period" soon, but we're a bit stuck until they do.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2019

Still all under the Agilecraft url at the moment, as Atlassian have only just started to draw t all into their own way of doing things.

Suggest an answer