Get project versions REST API call not returning issues status

alex.beckers September 19, 2019

I'm trying to use a REST API call to get a list of all versions in my project along with the count of all issues associated with each version. Looking at the documentation at https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/#api-rest-api-3-project-projectIdOrKey-versions-get you see two versions in the example response, one with associated issues enumerated and one without. But there's no documentation explaining how to get one or the other. The only query parameter, "expand=operations" doesn't provide this info.

Meanwhile, the similar API call "version" -- the paginated one -- DOES have expand=issuesstatus which provides what I'm looking for... just paginated. 

I did try expand=issuesstatus with versions but no luck. 

What am I missing here? How do I get the data in the second version in the example response?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question and they are already helping you, so to avoid any possible misunderstandings or miscommunication that may arise from discussing the same matter in two different platforms, let's focus on the ticket instead.

Once the ticket is resolved, feel free to share the resolution here to help other community members that may face the same issue.

Regards,
Angélica

alex.beckers October 2, 2019

Sure, makes sense.

I did get a "resolution" of sorts on this -- the documentation is incorrect. 

garyst1981 March 2, 2022

What was the resolution.?

I'm having the same issue

alex.beckers March 6, 2022

@garyst1981 the answer is that the documentation was incorrect and there is no way to get the second version of the data. Have they not fixed the documentation yet? It's been a year and a half... 

Suggest an answer