GANNT configuration page is not visible

a.sahin01 June 29, 2020

Hi everyone,

We would like to know how is the percent done (progress rate) of parent issues calculated in Jira and it is under GANNT configuration page but we cannot see GANNT configuration even if we are admins. Is there a way to display that area on the settings?

Regards,

Armagan

2 answers

1 vote
Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2020

Hello @a.sahin01,

Thank you for creating this Community Question and trying out our product. Can you please confirm for us which version of WBS Gantt-Chart are you using? Currently, the Cloud version of our plugin does not have the Issue View setting screen as the Server version. Also, it is important to notice that the Knowledgebase article that you have referred to is for the Server version.

For the Cloud version of WBS Gantt-Chart, the Auto-calculating parent issue progress rate instructions can be found in this Knowledgebase article.

We are looking forward to hearing from you. If you need assistance with the WBS Gantt-Chart or have any other questions, please let me know as well. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Gabriel Quadros
Ricksoft Support Team

a.sahin01 June 30, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I do not know which version of it but when it is clicked help > documentation under WBS Gantt chart area it is shown WBS Gantt-Chart for Jira 9.11. is this the version or how can I learn which version is it?

Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2020

Hello @a.sahin01,

Thank you very much for confirming the version of WBS Gantt-Chart. According to the information you provided, you are using the Server version of both our plugin and Jira.

The Gantt configuration button does not appear if you are accessing WBS Gantt-Chart directly via Board/Jira Project since this is a limited view. Can you please inform us if you already created a Gantt-Chart and tried to find the Gantt configuration button directly through it? If not, we recommend you to create a Gantt-Chart based on a Jira Project or a JQL Filter to find the Gantt configuration button.

Another way to access the Gantt configuration option is via the Manage Apps Jira Administration screen. The configuration screen is described as Features settings under the WBS Gantt-Chart.

We hope this explanation was helpful to you, @a.sahin01. If you need assistance with the WBS Gantt-Chart or have any other questions, please let me know as well. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Gabriel Quadros
Ricksoft Support Team

a.sahin01 July 3, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I could go into Features settings page but even if I am the project manager, still I cannot click the Jump to Gantt Bar button because it is unclickable.Also there is no Gantt Bar Configuration button under cogwheel menu.There are standard, Issue Template and User Preference options under the upper right corner or cogwheel icon.

regards,

Armaganjump to gantt bar inactive.PNG

Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2020

Hello @a.sahin01

Thank you for the information and the screenshot provided. We noticed that you are using WBS Gantt-Chart directly from the Project view, and as described in our last response, the Gantt configuration button does not appear under the cogwheel with this view. We recommend you to create a Gantt-Chart based on the Project TGCB to have access to all the features needed. 

Regarding the Jump to Gantt Bar button, the option is only available when you don't have the Task view opened within the WBS Gantt-Chart view.

If you need assistance with the WBS Gantt-Chart or have any other questions, please let me know as well. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Gabriel Quadros
Ricksoft Support Team

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2020

Which Gantt function are you using?

a.sahin01 June 29, 2020
a.sahin01 June 30, 2020

we are admin working group but GANTT configuration button, add on button under the cogwheel logo are not visible.

Suggest an answer