Automation of creating DEV environment for JIRA

Sunil Kumar June 30, 2020

Hi Team,

We would like to recreate our JIRA DEV region frequently to debug issues related to production and also we would like to automate this process so that it will make our life easier.

Please let us know the different ways to achieve this so that our DEV region will have all the latest data as our prod.

Thanks,

Sunil Palugula

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2020

For Cloud, you will need to write or find a script that can request a backup of your production site and then upload the backup into your Dev Cloud system, overwriting it completely.

Sunil Kumar July 1, 2020

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply,  can you please elaborate a little bit more so that it will easy for me to move forward with your suggestion?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2020

I'm not sure what to elaborate on?

Sunil Kumar July 2, 2020

HI Nic, I am new to this JIRA and i did not understand what you mean by backup (You mean JIRA DB backup or the XMl backup) so asked you for clear idea of what you want me do this for achieving my task

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2020

You don't have access to the database on Cloud.

The only backup there is an xml file you request and download.  You can then use that to create or overwrite a Cloud system.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events