Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, October. What's new?

As October draws to a close, let’s look at some features and improvements that have landed in the Jira Cloud apps for iOS, macOS, and Android. 

Haven't got the app yet? Download it here:

Advanced search with JQL has arrived

If you prefer searching with Jira Query Language (JQL), we’ve got you covered.

Now you can choose between basic search and advanced search with JQL. Find the advanced search link beside your search filters. Once you’re in advanced search, switching back to basic search is easy; simply select Switch to basic search.

Advanced search enables you to perform specific issue searches using JQL that aren’t possible in basic search.

As you type a search query into the advanced search bar using JQL, sections of text will appear in different colors. For example, fields, operators, and values within a search query will be displayed in different colors to make the query (or clause) a little easier to parse. Learn more about constructing JQL queries.

image-20211021-051141.png

Searching for issues is easier

When searching for issues, you can now filter by:

• Project, issue type, assignee, reporter, status, resolution, label, component, fix version, and affects version.

Filters can reduce the amount of issues being displayed on your screen, enabling you to find what you’re looking for (or analyze overall progress) faster.

Depending on whether you’re using a company-managed or team-managed project, quick filters on the board and backlog include:

• Assignee, epic, label, type, flagged (board only), and sprint (backlog only).

This means locating a particular issue can be easier than ever.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 5.07.49 pm.png

Issue transition screens have been improved (iOS & macOS)

Issue transition screens are receiving a power boost in iOS and macOS. If your project has transition screens, you can now add attachments (including images and videos) when the transition screen appears as you’re updating the issue’s status. This can be done either on the board or in an issue’s details screen.

Transition screens can be set up in Jira Cloud for web. Learn more about managing issue screens in Jira Cloud for web.

Support for rich text fields on transition screens is also in the process of being built (iOS, macOS, and Android).

For ease of use, the layout of fields on transition screens will closely match Jira’s web experience.

Simulator Screen Recording - iPhone 13 Pro - 2021-10-25 at 13.30.39.gif

Backlogs are faster than ever

Up to five times faster, to be precise!

We updated the way information is fetched in the backlog, to deliver an accelerated backlog experience. It loads faster than ever before, meaning you can save time and organize your backlog with ease.

Haven’t got the apps? Download Jira Cloud for iOS from the App Store, Jira Cloud for Mac from the Mac App Store, or Jira Cloud for Android from Google Play.

And don’t forget you can sign up to be a beta tester, and get early access to updates.

That’s it for now! Until next time, keep up the brilliant work.

4 comments

Aaron J. H. Barrett October 27, 2021

Great changes! Please prioritize allowing us to set Request Type when creating JSM issues next! Request Types are critical to a lot of JSM's functionality and right now we can only set the issue type when creating JSM issues.

JSM issue creation via the mobile app is a no go without this feature. Right now we're maintaining an automation rule to get the job done but it is far from what the experience should be.

sinaaghaahmadi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2021

Great. thanks for writing this article. 

Mazzi Nabavi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 27, 2021

Unless I was sleep for few years the app is not ready to be out there, I just uninstalled the app on my MacOS because it was not stable and did not save my work on few occasions.

All I used the app for was because of the Dark Theme which I wouldn't need to do if your top voted feature request didn't sit stale for 3 years.

Do better.

-Mazzi

Rahul Ingle October 27, 2021

project settings button not available on the app.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events