why am I not allowed to customize column widths in jira issue navigator

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6034 is Closed/Won't Fix. Anyone know what technical or philosophical problem is preventing Atlassian from allowing customers to customize column widths in the JIRA Issue Navigator?

Problem: JIRA assigns a very narrow column width to a particular text field. When the contents of that field are long for a given record, the display is therefore forced to many lines of text, which means the row for that record in the issue navigator takes up half a screen.

Solution: Allow me to increase the column width for that field (and decrease the column widths of others in the display), so I can fit more rows on a screen.

1 answer

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach Community Champion Jan 25, 2017

You can try to push custom CSS styles that set width for the columns. You should be able to find ids or other unique identifiers for the columns. The CSS can be packed into web-resource plugin module: https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-platform/building-jira-add-ons/jira-plugins2-overview/jira-plugin-module-types/web-resource-plugin-module

Did not try it by this kind of styling should work:

[data-id="issuetype"] {
  width: 100px;
}
[data-id="issuekey"] {
  width: 100px;
}

Here is an image how to find data-id:

image2017-1-26 9:18:19.png

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Feb 15, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

1,033 views 6 18
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot