viewing multiple quick filters

Currently I have my team configured on a set of quick filters where each is "assignee = John". These work great

However if Iwant to look at John and Sue's work - and click both filters I see nothing.  I'm guessing this is because the query is looking for entries that are assigned to both John and Sue?

Is there a syntax that I am just failing to find that I can use for an individual assignees quick filter that will also allow me to look at the activity of a number of users at the same time?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Richard

2 answers

Comments Closed

I have this same issue when trying to use multiple quick filters containing components.  However, I AM able to use other combinations of quick filters.  As examples:

1. Only My Issues filter AND one component filter
  2. High Priority filter AND one component filter
  3. Only My Issues filter AND High Priority filter

So why can't I use component A filter AND component B filter???  This partial functionality is beyond frustrating.

Thanks!

0 votes

You're guess is correct - the quick filters are each filtering out more information.  Assignee = John will limit the board to just John's stuff, then it moves on to the next filter and drops anything not assigned to Sue, hence the board is empty.  It's an AND type operation

You'll need to generate quickfilters that use OR type clauses.  So "assignee in (John, Sue)".  Which is a bit inflexible.

Thanks for the quick response ...I'll have a go with some OR clauses and see where I get.

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

330 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot