turn off mentions?

is there a way to turn of mention notifications?

we are using the Email This Issue plugin and do not have notification schemes enabled for our projects, yet mentions do seem to trigger an email from the outgoing smtp address that we have setup in the JIRA system config - this is causing duplicate emails from both JIRA and the plugin - can we disable mention notifcations or configure them better? what event do mentions generate (so that maybe we can control it better from the plugin)?

1 answer

0 vote
Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Apr 20, 2016

You can turn off the 'Browse Users' global permissions and set the 'Email Visibility of users' option to hidden. Just note that this will also disable the functionality to add users to the Watchers list and change the Reporter.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published Friday in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

50 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot