transition to google authentication with existing users

Alexander Kolodziej May 26, 2016

Hello!

My organization has an "domain" with atlassian. Like "example.atlassian.net". We use JIRA and Confluence.

Quite a few users have already been created, and started using your service. And now we want to enable google authentication (have already done in fact).

But the problem is. What happens with a persons atlassian-account when his/hers google account is deleted?

If the user first logged in after the google connection was made, then he/she will not be able to login anymore i guess?

But if that person has his account created before the google connection was made, then he will still be able to login to his atlassian-account, even after his google-account was deleted, right? Since he has a atlassian-specific password set for that account.

How do i best handle this?

wbr / Alex

1 answer

0 votes
Alexander Kolodziej May 30, 2016

Also, i made some more testing.

A person who creates his account by logging in with google-authentication can still request a password...

So if that persons account is deleted in google apps, he will still be able to login with the password.

Isnt this somewhat of a bug? This goes against the idea that user accounts are created and deleted in google apps only when the Atlassian account is connected to google...

Suggest an answer