task with two statuses

In my release cycle, testing time is long enough, that developer is starting to fix bugs that were found during QA testing. It's possible to have a task in two status, like "open" for developer and "In testing" for QA tester in parallel? What is best approach to have a best time tracking this?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes

No, it's not.  An issue has a single status, it's nonsense to suggest otherwise (unless it's an issue in a quantum state, but that's not going to be understood by most humans).

One easy approach is to let the issue go into "in testing" and then raise sub-tasks for "I found this problem" - especially as a test cycle may raise more than one problem with it.  Not sure if this is the best for you, but it could be a good answer based on what you've said here.

Agreed, testing usually results in findings, which are ideally best represented in individual issues, which will have their own status assigned to the developer.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

320 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot