remove/change component with a jelly script

Is it possible to remove/change components with a jelly script.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

If a script can do REST operations to a certain URL, it can certainly interact with JIRA through it's API, whatever that script is. You will just have to learn how that particular script implements it and use it against the JIRA API Endpoint for "Component" https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/#api/2/component

I suspect Walter may have been asking about the internal Jelly scripting, which was removed in JIRA 6.4.

The answer in that case was "no", as there were no tags for it (just add).

Oh why Jelly scripting was removed in 6.4?

It was old clunky technology that Atlassian didn't want to use or support any more.  Most of the use-cases for Jelly were met by the new REST API, improving import functions and the automation plugin. 

Jelly was also the only way that an admin could get into the heart of JIRA and break things without add-ons, so I suspect they wanted to close that option off as well.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

222 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you