"Try Jira for iOS" nag screen won't go away

Jeffrey Parker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 3, 2016

This thing loads every time I navigate to a new screen (every page load, every search, etc.).

2016-10-04_00-47-07.png 

I even gave it my phone number in hopes that it would go away kill it but it still persists. It's driving me nuts.

Any idea how to make it stop?

8 answers

5 votes
Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2016

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Senior PM at Atlassian, and this bug was caused by some of the work that my team is doing. My sincere apologies that this was released to production. I know our products are critical to getting your work done, and blocking you from doing so is not acceptable.

My team has now stopped the dialog from showing up and the issue should be resolved. We are also performing a review of how this bug made it to production and will do our upmost utmost to make sure that it doesn't happen again in the future.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Best Regards,
Josh Devenny

Jeff Parker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 19, 2016

Bugs happen. Thanks for the update.

David Swain October 19, 2016

Thanks for the fix and the update.

BTW - http://grammarist.com/usage/upmost-utmost/ may be of interest (not in a critical way, just helping out)

David Hall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 19, 2016

1cnupk.jpg

Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 20, 2016

homer.gif

(Thanks smile)

David Swain October 20, 2016

What can I say, I notice these things and worry folks will look bad in front of people who notice them and judge people.

0 votes
Josh Devenny
Atlassian Team
October 20, 2016

Hi Everyone (again),

We're currently investigating the issue to find the root cause. If you could provide any environment details for the users that were affected (OS, Browser, versions for both, whether they were using a JS blocker or an ad blocker), that would be very helpful.

If you don't want to share the details directly here, you can send them directly to josh@atlassian.com

Thanks for your help!

Josh

0 votes
Drew Heasman October 19, 2016

Happens to me, don't own an iPhone

0 votes
Marc Goldberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 19, 2016

I've just submitted a support request as well (referencing this question).  Several of my users don't even have iOS devices (I'd asked them to download the app and login with it to see if it goes away) so this is starting to feel like a bug/defect.

0 votes
Jan Sebelik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 19, 2016

Hello, the same for me in JIRA Cloud. It started today and keeps opening on every (!) JIRA page, so it's really annoying. Thanks for help.

I don't have an iPhone and never accessed JIRA from such device.

0 votes
Marc Goldberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 19, 2016

Same: I've upvoted this... if you have this issue, PLEASE be sure to upvote it.

0 votes
David Swain October 19, 2016

Several of my users are having the same issue. Started today. Very annoying.

0 votes
Michael Ngangom October 4, 2016

Hey Jeff,

You can try resolution mentioned in the documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-disable-jira-insiders-pop-up-dialog-729481701.html

The documentation is for JIRA insider pop up.

BR,

Mike

Jeffrey Parker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 4, 2016

We have cloud/hosted JIra. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Suggest an answer