planning

Monique Campos July 31, 2018

How can we use the planning option and plan the issues by due date? How can I make the issues's due date appears at the planning screen?

1 answer

1 vote
informatikus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2018

Hey @Monique Campos - welcome to Atlassian Community
You can configure cards on a board to display up to three additional fields. The fields can be different for the Backlog and Active sprints, if you are using a Scrum board.

• Go to the desired board, then click  Board >  Configure.
  • Click Card layout, then add or delete fields as desired.

Screenshot: Cards displaying additional fields in Active sprints

Cards+in+Active+sprints.png

Screenshot: Cards displaying additional fields in the Backlog

Cards+in+Backlog.png

Source (and more Information on Card Configuration): https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/customizing-cards-938845307.html#Customizingcards-fieldsAddingfieldstocards

Monique Campos August 1, 2018

Thank you! But do you know how can i use this at the planning resource? I need to plan the activities by the issue's due date, but it never appears to me at the screen that I'm using to plan.

informatikus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2018

You're most welcome. We're all here to help each other.

To sort the issues on your board by due date, you'll have to change your board filter.

There's a pretty good description on this and its side effects: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Want-my-Kanban-Board-Issues-sorted-by-due-date-per-Collumn/qaq-p/756296

To sum it up: You can have a board displayed by due date, but you won't be able to drag and drop the issues to later / earlier due dates. This could lead to some confusion.

My recommendation: Just use a dashboard and its "Filter Results" Gadget if you'd like to get an overview on the issues you want to organize. Some more gadgets and reporting options would be able to enhance your planning further. With this as a basis you could then rank your issues.

Your filter could look like this (written blind):

project="BLUBB" AND statusCategory!=Done ORDER BY duedate DESC

Of course you could also get some intelligent automatics into this. But this is another topic.

Monique Campos August 1, 2018

I'm already using a filter. This is what I have:

Capturar.PNG

And I would like to be able to sort or to see the due date at the little tickets that Jira shows me on the rigth bar, so I can plan all the issues into the calendar.

Suggest an answer