jira state transition confirmation from user

mnpiad October 19, 2016

Hi , 

I am using JIRA 7.2 and i see user can move to different state quickly no confirmation is asked from user. many times user does not intend to change the state but in a haste click on it and now wants to revert back the state

so my question is how can i show the user a confirmation screen before the state transition actually happens ? if the user says yes state transition happens if the user says NO state transition does not happen.

I am using only 1 screen for all the transitions

Thanks

Sagar

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2016

Simply add a screen to the transitions.  A transition screen will be popped up any time they try to use the transition then.  You don't even have to put any fields on it, as long as they have "comment" permission.

mnpiad October 19, 2016

so just add an empty screen ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2016

Yep.

It won't be quite "yes or no", but they'll have two buttons at the bottom - cancel and <transition name>

mnpiad October 19, 2016

Thanks will try that out

mnpiad October 20, 2016

Thanks it worked it brought up the comment screen during the transition

Suggest an answer