jira 7.1. keeps on consuming all memory available

hugo andre July 11, 2016

Hi,

We using JIRA 7.1 , and each week i have to restart it , because its consuming all memory available ...

the only way to release the memory is restarting jira.....

how ca i fix this issue , i used JIRA paying licence

5 answers

0 votes
Felipe Santos February 26, 2019

hi fellas, we have the same issue here. Did you find an solution?

0 votes
hugo andre July 12, 2016

this forum limits my response, although i have valid SEN ,

SEN-2314923     , i can't past your answers here , can you please contact me via email?

JVM_MINIMUM_MEMORY="6384m"

JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY="6384m"

all the rest of file setenv.sh is like the original

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2016

Ok, if the rest of your setenv file has the default settings, it is possible that the default Garbage Collector may be part of the problem.  My recommendation would be to create a support zip and open a support ticket with Atlassian.  Here's the link to the Atlassian Support Landing Page.

0 votes
hugo andre July 12, 2016
Total Memory6347 MB
Free Memory5886 MB
Used Memory461 MB
0 votes
hugo andre July 12, 2016
Code Cache

20% Free (Used: 191 MB Total: 240 MB)

Metaspace

0% Free (Used: 288 MB Total: 288 MB)

Compressed Class Space

96% Free (Used: 36 MB Total: 1024 MB)

PS Eden Space

29% Free (Used: 1456 MB Total: 2062 MB)

PS Survivor Space

100% Free (Used: 0 MB Total: 33 MB)

PS Old Gen

89% Free (Used: 460 MB Total: 4256 MB)

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2016

When it's consuming all of the memory, is the majority of it tied up in the PS Old Gen memory bank?
Will still need to see the JVM arguments and Garbage Collector configuration from the setenv file, or can you copy the JVM arguments from the System Info screen? 

0 votes
Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2016

Assuming you're using Standalone Server, can you provide your JVM arguments from your setenv file?  Mostly going to be interested in the Xms/Xmx and Garbage Collector settings (typically listed under JVM_EXTRA_ARGS).

Suggest an answer