is there a way to show/hide tabs based on the value of the components field?

Tomas Arguinzones taart1 March 7, 2016

Hi,

I would like to implement this: when an user enter values in the components field, the corresponding tab is shown at issue creation. For instance, entering values A B C in the components field, will show Tab A, Tab B, Tab C.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2016

Natively, JIRA does not have this feature. Then again, there are workarounds like:

• Javascript that will do what you want (insert it anywhere on the page, a custom field description etc..) but I am highly against this approach since it's messy to maintain and implement.
  • Add-ons that can do it, like the JIRA Behaviours.

Tomas Arguinzones taart1 March 7, 2016

Hi Gabrielle,

Yep, I know natively JIRA does not provide those kinds of field validations. Also, I know and it is my understanding that putting a Javascript in the custom field description was a functionality disabled long time ago, which only leaves me with the Behaviours  plugin option. Do you happen to have the script to do what I need to do so I can give it a try with the behavior plugin? I have implemented a couple of behaviours in my system but none related with the hiding/showing of tabs.

Thanks a lot for  your quick response.

Suggest an answer