is there a way to show/hide tabs based on the value of the components field?

Hi,

I would like to implement this: when an user enter values in the components field, the corresponding tab is shown at issue creation. For instance, entering values A B C in the components field, will show Tab A, Tab B, Tab C.

Thank you

1 answer

Natively, JIRA does not have this feature. Then again, there are workarounds like:

• Javascript that will do what you want (insert it anywhere on the page, a custom field description etc..) but I am highly against this approach since it's messy to maintain and implement.
  • Add-ons that can do it, like the JIRA Behaviours.

Hi Gabrielle,

Yep, I know natively JIRA does not provide those kinds of field validations. Also, I know and it is my understanding that putting a Javascript in the custom field description was a functionality disabled long time ago, which only leaves me with the Behaviours  plugin option. Do you happen to have the script to do what I need to do so I can give it a try with the behavior plugin? I have implemented a couple of behaviours in my system but none related with the hiding/showing of tabs.

Thanks a lot for  your quick response.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Friday in Jira Service Desk

Looking for anyone who has switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk

Hi Community! The Jira Service Desk marketing team is looking for customers who have successfully switched from Zendesk to Jira Service Desk!   We’d love to hear your thoughts on the pros and ...

70 views 6 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you