how to update jira issues status from jenkins

I installed Jenkins and Jira issue updater in Jenkins and enabled Remote API in Jira . what are the plugins i need to enable in jira and how please help me. Thanks in advance

I'am getting the following error :
Unable to connect to REST service
java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://companyname.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/issue/search?jqlFinished:

3 answers

1 accepted

There could be several reasons.

Try to open that url (from the error) in your browser and see if you have file or message that you don't have rights or smth.

Then you can check if your Jenkins server has access to web and particularly Jira's api url. Error says: Unable to connect to REST service

Hi,

Thanks for your reply..

I tried to open the url. it is showing json output.  from jenkins when build is successful i able to comment the issues in JIRA. but i can't able to change the status of the issues in jira. could u please guide me.. 

Apart form activating remote API in JIRA do i need to install any other plugins/add-on. 

You should provide also name of the workflow transition to be executed. Could you check if you entered transition name and not an issue status (if they have different names)

Could you attach you POST build configuration screenshot? 

Hi Maksym Karazieiev,

Please find the image attached.

buildjob.png

can you suggest me ..

I am getting the same error and I validated that the URL is working fine from the browser (getting Json output). Has this issue been resolved for anyone.

-------------------------------------------------------
JIRA Update Results Recorder
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://Jira_IP/rest/api/latest/issue/Issue_Name/search?jql

1 votes

In version 1.18 do NOT use " or '

example:

project=BLABLABLA and status=BEBEBEBE

How should we specify status if it is To Do without using " or '. 

JIRA Update Results Recorder
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 400 for URL: https://companyname.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?jqlFinished:

When I try to open this url in a browser getting json file and there is no updated comments in JIRA issues

Appreciate your inputs

Thanks

What is your JIRA version? Is the REST API enabled in the JIRA side?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

270 views 0 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot