how to trigger an action on issue update

Pat Noack June 20, 2016

HOw can I trigger an action on an issue update.  Workflow validators and post functions are not enough.  I want to be able to make sure that anyone that was ever an assignee to a ticket is in the watcher field even if they are no longer the current assignee.   I have part of this working in the workflow but the assignee can change without going through a transision.

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2016

You'll need to find or write a listener that can pick up "issue assigned" and "issue edited" events (then it can basically run the same code as your post-function, although it'll also need to re-index the issue as well)

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2016

I'd also check if the JIRA Automation Plugin makes it easier. I know that it can intercept the "issue updated" events, but I'm not sure if its "Edit issue" action is flexible enough for your purposes.

Suggest an answer