how to restore deleted ticket

Dusit June 19, 2016

I deleted ticket (Type story) last week (Jun 16) but today I need to restore this ticket. Do you have any solution for this purpose?

3 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2016

To embellish on Nic: Do not delete issues. I suggest closing with a resolution value of Deleted on anything you want to delete. I implement it with a special transition only the project lead can execute and it requires the fill in a reason field. When you delete it is GONE. Hardly a week goes by without someone wanting to restore an issue. Missing issue numbers will eventually cause a question about what it was and why was it deleted even if it was done properly. Missing data always brings in the question of people hiding data that may have looked bad.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2016

You will need to find a backup of the system from before the deletion, restore that into a temporary system and then think about the best way to transfer the issue from the temporary system back into production.   Deleting an issue really does mean a simple delete - it's removed, completely.

0 votes
Rose Cruz June 20, 2016

@Dusit this won't help you now, but maybe in the future. An alternative to deleting issues is to "move" them to another project. The trash project could be a place to store your unwanted issues in case you need to restore them one day. In the mean time you may be able to piece together the issue by referencing deleted JIRA notifications in your inbox.

Suggest an answer