how to get a user custom field email address through script runner ?

mel vega January 25, 2016

Hi,

I set up a "send custom email script" post function via script runner and I would like to add the sender's email address in the signature of the email.

the sender refers to a user picker custom field. I created a scripted field to be able to get the email address to display it in the email.

In the scripted field, I wrote the following script :

import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser

return issue.getEmailAddress("Change Request Owner Assignee")

I know something's missing but I did not manage to figure out the problem. i tried with String X= fieldX.getEmailAddress but in vain.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

2 answers

0 votes
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

Hi mel

In the "CC issue fields" field you can add the id of your user picker custom field, you can find it <baseUrl>/rest/api/2/field, it should be something like customfield_xxxx

(hit preview to make sure that it returns the emails). No need to copy the emails to scripted fields. 

mel vega February 5, 2016

Hi Thanos,

Thanks for your answer. yes I know that we can have the email cc but it's a "whim" I wanted to add in the email body like signatures in Outlook you know smile

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2016

getEmailAddress wants you to give it a user.  You appear to be feeding it a string which looks like the name of a field.

You need to do something more like getEmailAddress($issue.getCustomFieldValue(fieldManager.getCustomFieldByName("CR owner assignee")))

Although there's better ways to do it in a script, this at least shows you why your current code does not work.

mel vega February 5, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.  I tryed your code but unfortunately it still does not work...

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2016

Mel

If you want them in the signature then what Nic said 

Email Addr: <% out << issue.getCustomFieldValue(com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("CR owner assignee")) %>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events