how to copy custom field values from one to another using script runner?

Manjunatha K R January 6, 2017

Hi,

I have one custom field i,e "subsystem" (Select List (single choice)) defined in my project and has many values configured in it.

Due to new requirement, I created one more new custom field i,e "Impacted subsystems list" (Select List (Multiple choice)) and I would like to map values from the subsystem to this new custom field using script runner - please suggest how to do this mapping.

whenever I add new value to 'subsystem' field to be appear in 'Impacted subsystems list' field too for JIRA issue users selection.

I am using JIRA version 6.7.16 and Script runner version 4.1.3.16.

• Manju 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2017

I'm not understanding the requirement here, it's one of two things.  Do you mean:

You want to copy values on issues from the subsystem field into the impacted-subsystems field

OR

You have a list of options set for subsystem, and you want to add all the current options there into the list of options for impacted-subsystems field (a one-off configuration action)

Manjunatha K R January 6, 2017

I am looking for 2nd one ...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2017

Ok, you'll need to write a one-off script to iterate over the options for the first field and add them to the second.

You'll need to get a FieldConfig for both fields, then use it on the first field to get the list of options.  You can then use optionManager.createOptions(fieldConfig, parentOptionId,  sequence, [options] to add the whole list in one go.

Have a look through https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/server/index.html?com/atlassian/jira/issue/customfields/manager/OptionsManager.html for the starting point.

olgap February 5, 2024

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

if you have some example of the script, could you please share,

thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events