how to change issue status in jira

Divya A November 3, 2016

i logged in as administrator in JIRA and added all users specifying groups and project roles .Then i logged in as tester to report issues.Default assignee can now view the issue.But issue status is not able to change as fixed.(as workflow button is disables in issues page option).

How to solve this?...plz help

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user November 3, 2016

You might also want to check your permissions scheme and make sure that the "tester" login has the permission to make transitions.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2016

Ok, I need to clarify something you have said here, just in case!

You say "workflow button is disabled in issues page".  Do you mean that the button (menu item really) is visible, but grey?  Or that it simply is not there?

If it is greyed out, then you have a customisation doing something bad.

I suspect you mean the second - the button is not there.  If this is the case, then, as an admin, go look at the workflow for the issue.  Look at the "missing" transition and find its "conditions".  The conditions must be matched for the button to appear.  Most conditions are usually things like "user must be in a role" or "user must be assignee", but it is possible to do all sorts of others.  You should then be able to work out who can and can not perform the transition, and hence put them in the right roles etc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events