Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

how to ask for the currentuser()

Good morning. 

I need to know how to make a query like the following:

....and currenuser() in membersOf("groupname")...

This is possible?

6 answers

Hi Diego,

you could try;

...AND assignee IN memberof("groupname")

to get all issues assigned to members of that group. If you like you can extend this with reporter, creator, etc with eg.

...AND (assignee IN memberof("groupname") OR reporter IN memberof("groupname"))

Does this help?

Best

JP  

Diego,

currentuser() is a function like memberof(). You can only do selects on fields of an issue which can be compared against other field or functions. One solution could be to create a custom field containing all users related to that or containing groups related to that issue.

Hi @Diego Daniel Gil 

Though i am not clear with your question , i give you some instances. 

project = "design" AND assignee = currentUser(). 

This is one way you can find current user as assigne in project design. Similarly

project = "Design" AND Repoter = currentUser() 

will fetch you the tickets reported by the current user in the project . 

Hope this matches your question or clarifies you . 

thanks

Thanks for your reply!

I have created groups for different work teams, I have a board where I see certain incidents, I need to share the board with the members of the teams and that they visualize only what refers to the group they belong to.

ty

what you mention is correct, but it is not what I need, not necessarily who is consulting has a role within the issue, for example, enter to consult someone who only has to control who is working.

EX:

project = TICKET AND issuetype = Ticket and Aplication in ("nameaplication") AND currentuser() in memberof("namegroup")

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

3,876 views 11 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you