For JQL Search Extension plugin.
Using Jira cloud.
I installed the plugin and tested by using this JQL
linkedBy in (PROD-880)
The linkage existed before I installed the plugin.
I got results showing what issues were showing in the links section for that issue.
I then went to a different issue and newly linked up about 10 other issues. I tried the exact same query with the new issue. There were no results.
Do I need to run an index? What's the deal?
It looks like your instance is still synchronizing on our end. Depending on the size of instance it can take anywhere between 5 minutes to a few hours.
I can see that the addon can't access issues form the PROD project (or any other project I guess). Please change the permissions and we will need to re-run the full sync again.
Let us know once the permissions are taken care of!
To follow a review poster said - I'd really need to know how the data is moved around here. You're website says only the account information JSON is stored but it sounds like all our issues are syncing to your server. At the least, let me know, but I'd suggest you put a page on your wiki that covers this. It looks like the sync has worked and I'm seeing the filtered issues now. Before we buy though I'll need to clear the data aspects with our CIO.
The addon needs to be authorized to access JIRA issues data from your instance. This data is only used while processing on our server but it is never stored in our database. We only store information necessary to authenticate your JIRA instance.
So in short the add on reads the data but it never stores it on our side.
We are having issues. It's just not working. I have PROD-1107 with lots of links
I've waited days for it to sync. It's not working.
We put alot of work into linking assuming this would work - can you please help?
Jase, the add-on still can't write metadata on issues. Please correct the permissions on your JIRA instance by following the tutorial (chapter Add-on permissions) : https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/display/SEARCH/JQL+Reference#JQLReference-Add-onpermissions
After the permissions are corrected I need to run re-indexing on our side.
Usually links are indexed within seconds but sometimes it takes minutes. Initial indexing after installation takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours depending on the number of JIRA issues.
Let me know how it goes with the permissions!
I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs