how do I show specific fields in a filter in a specific order?

Antigone K March 14, 2016

how do I set filters to show specific fields? I work on several projects, and it's really annoying to have to deselect and reselect the fields that apply to that particular project when instead if I have a filter, it would be great to say "show these fields for this filter."

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2016

If you save a filter, the option to "set columns for this filter" becomes available under the options near the top right of the navigator.  You get to choose the columns and their order, and that setup stays with the filter, so that when someone else runs it, they get the same fields (they can swap back to their columns if they want, but that won't affect the saved settings)

I don't seem to have that option ... it's not on the Save As dialog box, and I've looked in the navigation pane (left side), Tools, Columns, and Details areas and don't see anything like that.

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 2.49.50 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2016

Columns. 

In some versions, you'll get "set columns", in others (probably the one you are on I think), you get a tabbed display when you click that option.  Up to 3 of them - Filter (assuming this is a saved filter), System (to use the system defaults) and My Defaults (for your personal defaults which won't affect anyone else)

nevermind, found it. it's just not as clear-cut as what I thought you meant. at least on my version of JIRA, 6.4, it looks like I have to save the filter, set the columns, and then Save As. Still kind of annoying, but way better than re-finding and re-ordering the columns over and over.

Suggest an answer