how can i import data from redmine with same hierarchy to jira

Hema March 4, 2021

hierarchy is given below
  EPIC->Feature->User Story->Task/Testcase/BUG

i am facing issue while importing it's importing individual.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2021

Jira only supports Issue -> Sub-task.  (Note that I'm using Jira-speak here - you can have many different names for the issue and sub-task types.  Almost all of us have an issue type called "story" at the issue level.  I'm talking about layers or levels here, not specific named types)

Jira Software enables  Epic -> Issue -> Sub-task

You can then add Advanced Roadmaps, Structure, Jira Align, Big-Picture and so-on to enable more layers, but you'll need to think about how to map them all.

Hema March 6, 2021

Thanks @Nic,

I have some other question too..

1. If i want to import/migrate redmine "Description ,Comments, Attachments of  particular issue " to jira is possible?

2. How to import Bulk of users from redmine to jira at a time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2021

Yes, you can import fields from Redmine, as well as attachments.

There's no import of users directly, but you can tell Jira to create missing users from the issue data.  If, for example, you don't have Bob as a user in Jira, but your import data has Bob as a reporter, assignee, authoriser, participant etc, Jira can create an account for Bob.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 7, 2021

Hi @Hema
I would like to add only a few words about BigPicture. As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- mentioned in BigPicture/BigGantt, you can automatically create a no-limited number of WBS levels. Task Structure can be created based on both build-in task attributes (e.g., Epic link, Component, Version, Sprint) as well as links.

Even though stories and tasks are on the same level in Jira, in BigPicture, you can create a hierarchy similar to the one between epic-story.image (88).png

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Like Deleted user likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events