how can I configure default value for "fix version"

we've setup a few versions in JIRA project configuration.

how can I setup default "fix version" when creating issue?

thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Through JIRA configuration, you may create a post function on the Create transition of a given Issue Type that sets the Fix Version field, but you must specify a set value and it will apply everywhere for that Issue Type or at least Projects configured to utilize that issue type scheme.

If you do not wish to use the Fix Version field for whatever reason, you can remove the field from your configuration and screens. To be honest, I thought JIRA Core excluded this field by default...

appreciate your answer! I will try.

I could not set a value to the fix version field since it does not appear as an option in the post function fields.

I can see it under "update field" when choosing a post function.

Hi, I am trying to find this option but I cannot see it available in "Update Issue Field" or "Update Issue Custom Field".

appreciate your comments and help

I am trying to do the same thing and don't see the field.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

217 views 2 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you