export Issues that include any linked confluence pages

Daniel Platt January 31, 2020

I have linked each Issue to a relevant Confluence page, and vice versa.

I would now like to export a number of issues (eg those in the Backlog) but I need the export to include the linked page info, held in each Issue, to be included in the exported report.

Can this be done?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2020

Hi Daniel,

I understand that you're using Jira Cloud and want to be able to search JQL for issues in Jira that are linked to pages in Confluence so that you can export that list of Jira issues.  Unfortunately, this is not something that you can do today with native Jira Cloud.  There is an existing feature request for this over in JRACLOUD-35699.

That said, I do believe this is something that you could probably achieve with the use of a 3rd party add-on for Jira to extend some of the JQL search functions.  There are likely more than one working solution here. However the first one I came across that appears to offer this additional functionality is JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports.  I found some documentation of theirs in https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/3375124/JQL+Reference+Cloud

There is a section on that page with a function called "RemoteLinkApplicationName".  This function would then let you do a JQL search such as:

remoteLinkApplicationName="Confluence"

in order to return Jira issues that have links to Confluence.   Or alternatively, you could use the similar function "RemoteLinkUrlPartialMatch" and search by:

remoteLinkUrlPartialMatch ~ "example.atlassian.net/wiki/"

This could also return Jira issues that have this kind of page link.   It's possible there are other solutions in Marketplace as well.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer