drag multiple cards in kanban

Annabel Inkpen January 18, 2017

It would be really useful to be able to drag multiple issues to a new column in Kanban. Specifically when we have a story plus multiple sub-tasks it would be helpful to be able to move the entire lot to the 'ready for testing' column. Is there a way to do that?

3 answers

1 vote
Lisa Förstberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Not possible (yet) in server. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-9581

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2017

You can select multiple issues from the same column with shift+click (or cmd+click on Mac) and drag them all together.

Annabel Inkpen January 18, 2017

You can select them and drag them about but you can't deposit them in a column. The only way to move multiple issues appears to be via bulk move.

Like Marcelo Fabricanti likes this
Heather Harkins February 5, 2018

I have had the same experience. It seems to me that, in the past, I was able to do this via drag and drop from column to column. There's a red numeric indicator that displays how many cards you've got selected, but the "move to" dashed line of the destination column never becomes visible.

0 votes
Dave Bosman
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2017

Hi Annabel,

From the top of my head i would say you can solve this with

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.codebarrel.addons.automation/cloud/overview

Also Scriptrunner should be a possibility, although a little more difficult to get it running it has a lot more functionality. 

Regards

Dave

Suggest an answer