compatible scriptrunner version

Mark Geddes May 16, 2017

Hello

We have just purchased a Scriptrunner licence for server (version 6.2.7 Windows) and we want to work out which version we can install.

We had a scriptrunner plugin already installed from some time ago which had been used to run config/load scripts and now we want to get into the new features like behaviours, script fields etc.

I’m confused over version numbers

Our server looks like it had a version 3.0.7 plugin (groovyrunner-3.0.7) – this doesn’t seem to ask for a licence key.

Looking at the marketplace page it looks like the best match for JIRA 6.2.7 is groovyrunner-2.1.17 which seems like a step backwards (also doesn't seem to ask for a licence key)

We have plans to upgrade the server to 7.3 but will take time to convert our plugins and implement

What would you recommend we go with?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2017

The best version to use is the 2.1.17 you found.  3.0.7 might have been installed manually, but I wouldn't recommend using anything other than a version that is officially flagged for that version of JIRA.

Your licence covers you for all versions, so I wouldn't worry about that, although 2.1.17 is a free version and doesn't need it (but, because you have a licence, you've got full support.  Technically, because JIRA 6 is unsupported by Atlassian, the response could well be just "upgrade", but we try not to do that if you do need any help)

The versions you'll need to upgrade to when getting up to JIRA 7 are paid versions though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events