cannot find symbol applicationUsers

Yeoh Tun Liang October 25, 2015

Currently i'm trying to build a custom message handler at JIRA 7 based on tutorial.

When i try to build the sdk it shows two type errors which are cannot find symbol and unable to convert between user and applicationUsers.

[ERROR] /c:/atlastutorail/mail-handler-demo/src/main/java/com/example/plugins/tu
torial/jira/mailhandlerdemo/DemoHandler.java:[11,31] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol: class ApplicationUsers
[ERROR] location: package com.atlassian.jira.user
[ERROR] /c:/atlastutorail/mail-handler-demo/src/main/java/com/example/plugins/tu
torial/jira/mailhandlerdemo/DemoHandler.java:[49,77] incompatible types: com.atl
assian.jira.user.ApplicationUser cannot be converted to com.atlassian.crowd.embe
dded.api.User
torial/jira/mailhandlerdemo/DemoHandler.java:[62,46] incompatible types: com.atl
assian.crowd.embedded.api.User cannot be converted to com.atlassian.jira.user.Ap
plicationUser

the plugin seems workable at JIRA v6 but not JIRA v7

3 answers

0 votes
AleksejsC July 5, 2017

I found a problem: Java package was missing: add import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser; to your class and be happy ;).

This can be helpfull too.

0 votes
AleksejsC July 5, 2017

I found a problem: Java package was missing. After adding import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUser; plugin compiled successfully!

This can be helpfull for someone.

0 votes
tsakamoto February 25, 2016

ApplicationUsers is deleted.

Good luck!

CrustyNoodle August 2, 2016

Great answer!

Care to suggest anything else?

MAB March 9, 2017

did you find any solution? i am experiencing the same.

AleksejsC July 5, 2017

ApplicationUsers, ApplicationUser and User still exists. 

AleksejsC July 5, 2017

I found a problem: Java package was missing: add import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUsers; to your class and be happy ;).

This can be helpfull too.

P.S. idk why but i cannot leave answer as answer.. only as reply

Suggest an answer