can you integrate Jira with the free version of Hipchat?

Rich von Lehe May 12, 2016

I just signed up for the trial of JIRA with the intent to purchase an annual license.  Our small team has already been using the free Hipchat.  I looked up how to enable Jira-HipChat integration (1) , but the instructions fail for me because the options doesn't appear (i.e. JIRA Administration > Systems > Mail > HipChat integration).  I set up HipChat first, but using the same username.  Is it because we don't have HipChat pro?

(1) https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/configuring-jira-with-hipchat-720412710.html

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2016

Hi Rich,

You should be able to connect your JIRA with HipChat even if it is trial JIRA and fee HipChat account.Looks like the docs are out of date. I will update them. Here where you can find the configuration:

image2016-5-13 12:24:57.png

Ajay Unnikrishnan July 21, 2016

We have a licensed JIRA version and free HipChat version. Upon trying the method suggested by you in the above comment, I get the following error msg "Unable to reach HipChat. If JIRA does not have access to the internet you won't be able to integrate with HipChat."

We do have an active internet connection and both JIRA and HipChat are working just fine independently.

Please help.

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2016

Hi @Ajay Unnikrishnan, the error indicates that your JIRA server cannot connect to HipChat. It might be a network configuration (e.g. proxy settings). Please, contact support and we will help you out.

Suggest an answer