can't add authentication file to root of website

We use squarespace and I can't find a way to put the domain authentication file in the root of our website space.

Is there another method for proving we own the domain? Most folks who do this provide 2 or 3 methods to verify.

One I've seen is to send an email to the site administrator as per the whois record; another is to look for a special site in the DNS records. I can do either of these. I can't do the website update. I would imagine that there are many in this predicament, especially if you only have a domain and don't have a website.

Any chance of a different way to prove I own rockleyphotonics.com?

2 answers

0 vote

Could you explain what this has to do with Atlassian applications?

Atlassian has started a new authentication system that requires domain ownership verification so that they can apply the authentication and password policies for the domain. Unfortunately, Atlassian only looks for one thing: a file in the root of the domain's website. We do not have that "flexibility". 

I thought I was submitting a trouble ticket. If not, I apologize.

Grant

I thought it might be that, but there's been several similar ones recently that don't refer to Atlassian and then go on to be unrelated, so I pasted a stock answer to prompt a confirmation.

Whilst I understand the easy option is the file-at-root, and I do understand why it's being done, I don't think it should be the only easy option.

We're not support here, we're end-users like you are, but, it's always worth trying here!  In this case though, I do think you need to go to Atlassian support over at https://support.atlassian.com (I'm kind of hoping just being able to raise it there and provide the right details is enough to get it sorted)

Having the same problem.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

102 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you