automatical close of parent Task

Corinna Führing January 12, 2016

Hello, what do I need to do if I want the parent task of an issue to be closed automatically if all it s sub tasks are resolved or closed ?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2016

For JIRA Core, you'll need to find/write a post-function for the sub-task workflow that can check the parent to see if this sub-task is the last one being closed and trigger a transition on the parent if it is.

If you have JIRA Software, that does it automatically for Stories

0 votes

this is what i have but i think i need to update it ?—well i have no Agile Jira, so seems I have JIRA Core...ScriptRunner.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2016

Depends on the version - I don't know what you're running, so there's a couple of things: JIRA Core and JIRA Software only applies to JIRA 7+. If you're on 4, 5 or 6, then it's just JIRA and the Agile Add-on. If you're on version 6 of JIRA you might not need to upgrade ScriptRunner to the paid version (if you're on 7, you do). Depends on the exact version of JIRA you are on though.

Hello i am on 6.3.15... Version,...ok so the only way i can get to close Parent task automatically when sub tasks are closed is writing a script ?

Corinna Führing January 14, 2016

there is no other more simple and easy way to do so, via post function or so ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 14, 2016

This is the "simple post function" to do it.

Corinna Führing January 14, 2016

ok thanks... i will hand this over to some of the informatic guys here,....

0 votes

Sorry )-: where exactly can i see if we have JIRA Core or JIRA Software and , do you think i will need to write a script for that post function , or (we do have a Plug In for extended Post function functions ) can i find it somewhere already ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2016

Check Admin -> Manage Applications to see if you have JIRA Software. Although having "Agile" in your top bar, and access to Scrum and Kanban boards is a dead giveaway if you have them. Do you have the ScriptRunner installed? That's the most flexible option, as you can add stuff to update the parent as well as just transition it if you want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events