another way edit active user directory ?

In our environment it's complicated to edit a currently active user directory in Jira/Conlfuence or Bitbucket:

It's not allowed to edit a User Directory thru which a Admin is logged in. We have to switch to a Admin from the Local user Directory (as our main directory is a our LDAP-based corporate user dir). But Login to that user is not that easy because we have a Single Signon Login Module in Front of Jira, i.e. we can't login with a technical admin user ...

Is there another way to change user directoy settings to change for example the URL of the LDAP-Server?

4 answers

1 accepted

In JIRA 6.2.1, 7.0 and Confluence 5.5 all have these details in the table cwd_directory_attribute (MySQL):

select * from cwd_directory_attribute; # will show you all details.

I warmly recommend shutting down, doing a full db backup before updating any of these rows.

PS. This is a unsupported hack, but i am pretty sure just updating the fields that you need edited and restarting the applications will work.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I'll try that (after getting a database client)

A few questions that might help us to answer your question:

• What JIRA Version are you running?
  • Does confluence/Bitbucket authenticate via a JIRA or also via LDAP and if so, what versions are you running?

We're using JIRA 6.4.5 and are upgrading to 7.0 now.

Confluence/Bitbucket/JIRA are using our corporate external LDAP Dir as main user directory.

PS. I don't use Bitbucket, but just dumping it's database and cat and grep for the LDAP server name will allow you to narrow down where to edit it for that application server too.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 14 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

38 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you