another way edit active user directory ?

Andreas von Euw December 2, 2015

In our environment it's complicated to edit a currently active user directory in Jira/Conlfuence or Bitbucket:

It's not allowed to edit a User Directory thru which a Admin is logged in. We have to switch to a Admin from the Local user Directory (as our main directory is a our LDAP-based corporate user dir). But Login to that user is not that easy because we have a Single Signon Login Module in Front of Jira, i.e. we can't login with a technical admin user ...

Is there another way to change user directoy settings to change for example the URL of the LDAP-Server?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

In JIRA 6.2.1, 7.0 and Confluence 5.5 all have these details in the table cwd_directory_attribute (MySQL):

select * from cwd_directory_attribute; # will show you all details.

I warmly recommend shutting down, doing a full db backup before updating any of these rows.

PS. This is a unsupported hack, but i am pretty sure just updating the fields that you need edited and restarting the applications will work.

Andreas von Euw December 3, 2015

Thanks for the quick feedback. I'll try that (after getting a database client)

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

PS. I don't use Bitbucket, but just dumping it's database and cat and grep for the LDAP server name will allow you to narrow down where to edit it for that application server too.

0 votes
Andreas von Euw December 2, 2015

We're using JIRA 6.4.5 and are upgrading to 7.0 now.

Confluence/Bitbucket/JIRA are using our corporate external LDAP Dir as main user directory.

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2015

A few questions that might help us to answer your question:

• What JIRA Version are you running?
  • Does confluence/Bitbucket authenticate via a JIRA or also via LDAP and if so, what versions are you running?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events