Writing a JQL Filter for Board, where each column/status has a different date range

Madelyn Meek February 6, 2017

I am hoping to edit the filter for one of our boards that allows me to show everything in the Backlog column/status, but only what has been changed in the last weeks in the In Progress column/status.  When I've tried different queries its just showing those 'after -2w' status across the board - not by individual status.  Is there a way to do this?

I did try to get a new filter that shows where the status changed after -2w and then within my JQL I tried to ask status = "In Progress" and filter = "Status_Changed_Last2Weeks" but that affected the results of the Backlog status too.  Struggling to find a way to separate those two status' within the JQL.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

JIRA v6.3.9

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

Hi Madelyn,

It sounds like you want something like this. It will show everything that is in Backlog, as well as the In Progress issues that were updated in the last two weeks:

(status = "Backlog") OR (status = "In Progress" AND updated >= -2w)

Or maybe this, which shows everything in Backlog, as well as the In Progress issues that were changed to In Progress in the last two weeks:

(status = "Backlog") OR (status = "In Progress" AND status changed to "In Progress" AFTER "-2w")

I've only tested briefly, so apologies for any errors. Try them and see if one does what you need. Hopefully they'll give you a starting point and you can tweak to perfect.

Sam

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2017

I should have mentioned: it's the OR keyword that lets you build filters with different criteria per status.

If you want to include more statuses with other conditions, you can add more OR statements. For example:

(status = "Backlog") OR (status = "In Progress" AND updated >= -2w) OR (status = "Done" AND issuetype = Bug)

Hi Sam

Many thanks for taking the time, this works perfectly.  I'm learning something new about JQL everyday!

Cheers

Madelyn

Brilliant, thanks so much!  Works perfectly :O)

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2017

Great. Which one did you use in the end?

Also, please consider marking this answer as accepted and/or upvoting if it solved your problem.

Sam

This one did the trick:

(status = "Backlog") OR (status = "In Progress" AND updated >= -2w)

Thanks again Sam!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events