Work log description in a filter

Aftab_Akhtar September 30, 2020

HI, 

I am trying to log work for time sheets. i am testing out the scenario, where i log work on the helpdesks by submitting the time spent and the work description. 

I can see the work log time on a filter for but i cannot seem to get the work log description to show. 

on the jql query a filter called 'worklogcomment' appears and i think this may be the filter option i require.

Does anyone have any ideas on the jql query or a way i can get a the worklog description to show on the jql query filter?

Regards

Af

1 answer

1 vote
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2020

Hi @Aftab_Akhtar ,

if you are talking about searching for issues, I do not think it is possible.

The easiest way of showing work log comments is to use one of the apps from marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=worklogs

Aftab_Akhtar October 14, 2020

hi @Jakub Sławiński  there is a work log description jql query.  what is this used for ?

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2020

jql is always used to search for issues. What you can get at the end is a list of issues, not the list of worklogs of particular issues.

Suggest an answer