Work Description Field

Madeleine Carswell September 15, 2016

Hello all,

When we create an issue of type User Story the field Work Description is available, but once the story is created we can no longer view this field anywhere, including if we then go back in and edit the story. Is there something we need to have changed by an admin to be able to view this field?

Many thanks,

4 answers

3 votes
Phil Barton October 10, 2017

Just ran into this today, had a user report exactly the same thing.  

The Work Description field is part of the Log Work fields.  Those fields are not clearly marked as Log Work fields on the create screen, but it appears that if you don't enter the time spent a few entries above Work Description it doesn't save it.  

So, in summary, Time Spent, Date Started, Remaining Estimate and Work Description all go together as part of the Log Work stuff.  Very unclear when looking at the entire create issue screen as a whole.

0 votes
Jennifer February 19, 2020

I'm only able to select the Log Work tab and select Edit to input a work description

The field is not displaying on my Edit/View screen but it does display on my Create screen

Michael Hönes June 16, 2020

I'm facing the same issue. Work Description is available on the create screen but not on the edit screen although the Log Work field is added to the edit screen

Like staceyking likes this
0 votes
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2016

Yes, there is a different screen for each state (Create, View, Edit)

Go to the relevant project => Project Admin => Screens

And add the Work Description field to all screens.

Check out this link and this link.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2016

It sounds like the field is on the "create issue" screen, but not the "edit issue" screen.

Get the admin to check the project's "Issue type screen scheme" to check that.

Suggest an answer