Work Description Field

Hello all,

When we create an issue of type User Story the field Work Description is available, but once the story is created we can no longer view this field anywhere, including if we then go back in and edit the story. Is there something we need to have changed by an admin to be able to view this field?

Many thanks,

3 answers

Just ran into this today, had a user report exactly the same thing.  

The Work Description field is part of the Log Work fields.  Those fields are not clearly marked as Log Work fields on the create screen, but it appears that if you don't enter the time spent a few entries above Work Description it doesn't save it.  

So, in summary, Time Spent, Date Started, Remaining Estimate and Work Description all go together as part of the Log Work stuff.  Very unclear when looking at the entire create issue screen as a whole.

0 vote

It sounds like the field is on the "create issue" screen, but not the "edit issue" screen.

Get the admin to check the project's "Issue type screen scheme" to check that.

Yes, there is a different screen for each state (Create, View, Edit)

Go to the relevant project => Project Admin => Screens

And add the Work Description field to all screens.

Check out this link and this link.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Emilee Spencer
Published 4 hours ago in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: DeepAffects

Hello Atlassian Community! My name is Emilee, and I’m a Product Marketing Manager for the Marketplace team. Starting with this post, I'm kicking off a monthly series of Spotlights to highlight Ma...

26 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot