Why is Component being auto-populated on some sprint boards but not others?

Evan_Klauda September 20, 2016

I have two sprint boards, Scrum Board 1 (SB1) and Scrum Board 2 (SB2), under a single Project. If I go to the Backlog view on SB1 and use the in-line Create Issue functionality, that created issue has a Component automatically populated. If I perform the same actions on SB2, no Component is populated. Anyone know why this is? 

Both SBs have similar filters of form:
Project = X AND Component = Y ORDER BY Rank ASC 

Each SB uses Project X, but they each use different components. I do not see any Post-Functions on the Create transition, but given both boards are in the same project that would be consistent for both anyway. Perhaps it has something to do with listeners?

Any insight would be appreciated. If I could set a default component for each SB, that would be GREAT, but I didn't think that was possible.

1 answer

1 vote
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

The in-line create feature uses the filter of the agile board to pre-populate field.  On the agile board that pre-populates the component, go to:

Board (top right) > Configure

General

Edit Filter Query

I'd guess the filter for one board (SB1) requires a component while the other board (SB2) does not. You mention they don't in your question above, but based on what you describe, that's what makes the most sense.

Evan_Klauda September 21, 2016

Yeah the filters for both SBs require a component, though that component is different. I'm not sure if there's something about the component itself for SB2 that causes it not to be pre-populated. Under Board > Configure, the two boards are identical except for the name of the board, name of the filter, and the component within the filter. It's very odd.

SB2 hasn't had a sprint yet while SB1 is a mature board with many sprints. No idea if that matters.

Suggest an answer