Why I as admin cannot see all the boards that exist in Jira?

Kat Max November 8, 2016

I found out that i cannot see all the boards that are currently existing in out Jira.

I thought that as an Admin i have access to everything.

Please advise.

Kat

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

Admins do not see JQL filters which are not shared with them. If they don't see the filter, they won't see the board too - see here.

Kat Max November 9, 2016

Thanks Petar.

How the filters can be shared?

Thanks

Kat

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2016

The owner of the filter can share it with other users. Or, as an admin, using an add-on like Script Runner, you can switch identity to the filter owner and share it.

Kat Max November 9, 2016

Can you pls explain how the filter can be shared? I don't get that part.

Petar Petrov (Appfire)
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2016

See the documentation here. If you are the filter owner, go to Issues->Manage Filters, click Edit and share it with groups or roles.

Like Chayce Solchaga likes this

Suggest an answer