It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Which should be a part of a Kanban board: Use Cases or User Stories Edited

Hi,

I want to know which should be a part of a Kanban board: Use Cases or User Stories?

The scenario is that we have issues in Jira and GitHub that are marked as use cases and user stories.
We have swimlanes: To Do, Under Progress, Under Review, In Testing, Tested and Done.

I know that agile frameworks only talk about Product Backlog Items and the terms like Epic, User Story, Use Cases, Task, Sub-Task are practically for team discussions but yet I need to find out what should I put in the Kanban board: Use Cases or User Stories.

User Story defines the story/requirement from a user's perspective.

Use Case defines the scenario(s) in which that requirement (feature) will be used by the user.

So should it be better to define a User Story first as a separate Jira and GitHub Task and then create Sub-Tasks as user cases. But how to integrate them within a Kanban board under these swimlanes: To Do, Under Progress, Under Review, In Testing, Tested and Done, that is my main challenge.

I will greatly appreciate any help.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Core

How to manage many similar workflows?

I have multiple projects that use variations of the same base workflow. The variations depend on the requirements of the project or issue type. The variations mostly come in the form of new statuses ...

2,175 views 10 4
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you