Where to find the button to extract all issues into Excel?

Estelle Adam September 16, 2019

Hello, 

I understood that it is possible to extract all US into Excel by simply clicking on a button but I can not located the button. Could you please help? 

Below is my screen : 

Screen.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

To export the issues to a CSV, you can perform the steps below:

- Click to search for issues > View all issues

- Type in the filter what issues you would like to return and, using the detail view, select the columns (fields) you would like to return in the export

- Click on the download icon > Export Excel CSV

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

I am adding screenshots for better understanding, this is deep.

Step 1, Click Search Button, a slider from left will open

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 1.59.23 PM.png

Step 2, Click Advance Search for issues button, in slider and search screen will appear.

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 1.59.46 PM.png

Step 3, Search for issue based on project or any other criteria, and click on export icon (up-arrow in square brackets)

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 2.00.16 PM.png

If column you are looking for is not exported, select configure from more options (on right side of issue details) and add that column to view for export.

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 2.05.58 PM.png

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

Based on your screen,

Screen.jpg

@Estelle Adam  Please reply in this tread only, it will easier for someone looking for same solution to understand.

I clicked where you mention. 

See the picture below but I don't see 'Configure': 

Screen2.jpg

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

I think this is permission issue. I am site-admin on my account.

I suggest you use all field export if this is available on your screen.

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 2.44.27 PM.png

This will solve your problem.

When I extract all fields, I cannot exploit the Excel file. 

Here is an extract of issue I can read on the excel file. SO I will ask the admin to extract the file for me.  

Screen.jpg

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

It looks like there is some issue with MS Excel interpretation of CSV file.

Exported CSV file has comma (,) as column separator and carriage-return (\n, enter) as row separator. Please have look if excel is interpreting it correctly.

I opened the csv file by specifying that coma should be the separator. 

I will check the interpretation. Anyway I will ask the admin to manage the extraction to get only the fields I need. 

Thank you very much for your help DPK J

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

Happy to help!!!

0 votes

With the screens it is easier to undertstand. Thank you for adding them. 

I just would like to extract the reference (id #) of all issues and their titles. 

I don't see Configure on my screen. 

Screen.jpg

0 votes

Thank you. Can you please explain what you mean by detail view? Is it the screen where I can view the whole info about a specific US? If so, I don't see the columns you are mentioning. 

My aim is to extract all US I created (about 200). 

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2019

@Estelle AdamI have added screenshots for help above.

Suggest an answer